Most people have accounts on freelancer.com but never got their first project to do. The purpose of this post is to explain how ranking and matching algorithms work across the freelancer.com platform so you know what to do to always get projects you can do and earn daily.
On freelancer.com, ranking algorithm assigns a score to each of the freelancers. This score is based on multiple factors and is personalized based on the employer’s preferences, the project’s requirements and skills.
The three places where this ranking is used are:
Bidlist for each project: It is important to note that ranking for each project is customized for the employer. Further, the freelancer view of the bid list does not reflect the actual ranking which the employer sees.
Why is Ranking important for you?
Freelancer.com continues to be the leading freelancing platform in the world. Having a good rank on the freelancer.com platform is an asset – it ensures that as a freelancer, you will always have projects to work on.
Employers only see 8 bids per page. As a freelancer, you absolutely want your bid to appear on the first page.
Many of the freelancers are also directly hired by employers. Employers discover freelancers from the Directory or Search.
Your chances of being awarded increase significantly with your rank. If you rank among the top few on a project, your chances of being awarded is far greater than freelancers who don’t.
The ranking algorithm rewards consistent delivery of high quality work. There are 4 factors that determine your rank in the algorithm – (i) Reviews and Feedback, (ii) Use of milestones, (iii) Responsiveness and (iv) Quality of your profile
Reviews and Feedback
Employers rate freelancers across five categories. These five categories are Quality, Communication, Expertise, Professionalism and Hire Again. Additionally freelancers receive an ‘On Time’ and ‘On Budget’ rating. It is critical to get a positive rating across all categories. A “No” or a “Negative” rating on any parameter can severely hurt your rank.
This is how reviews and feedback are used in freelancer.com’s ranking algorithm:
- Recency of Employer Feedback: Recent reviews are exponentially more important than old reviews. This is a crucial aspect of the ranking algorithm. A recent glorious review can earn you a massive lift in their rankings. A recent rating that is negative on even one parameter can set your progress back by weeks. This implies that a recent 4 star review can potentially hurt your ranking.
- Number of Reviews: The more successful reviews you receive, the higher your score. The system rewards experience.
- Size of past projects: The amount you have earned per project, while earning a positive rating, is taken into account. The system is nonlinear. Thus, a small increase in your average earnings can earn you a disproportionately higher lift in your score.
- Quality of Reviewer: Reviews by more experienced employers are given more importance.
Working with the milestone system is the easiest way to improve your ranking.
Here are all the milestone related components in the scoring system that have a positive impact on your score:
- Amount: The total value of all milestones that have ever been released to you. The more you earn using milestones, the higher your ranking.
- Frequency: Working more often with milestones improves your ranking significantly. Thus, the greater the number of projects where milestones are released to you per week, the higher your ranking.
For Hourly Projects, the following factors can improve your ranking:
- Total Paid Tracked Hours: The total number of hours that you have tracked using the Freelancer Desktop app, which have been paid.
- Paid Tracked hours per project: Average number of hours tracked per project, which have been paid.
Not all factors improve your score. Some factors hurt your ranking as well. Early milestone releases combined with employer complaints can severely hurt your ranking – i.e. if you have requested release of milestones before work was completed, and the employer reports such behavior to freelancer.com.
Chat and Responsiveness
Being responsive and working efficiently with the chat system is critical to your rank. Here are the factors being looked at:
- Accept Rate: Having a high accept rate is one of the easiest ways to boost your rank. Repeatedly rejecting projects after bidding can lead to incremental penalties.
- Responsiveness: The faster you respond once an employer sends you a message, the higher your ranking.
- Spamming employers: Repeatedly sending unnecessary messages to employers to solicit work when there is no active project between you and the employer can attract a penalty.
- Offsiting: Attempts to take communication offsite to other messaging services can attract a massive penalty. Freelancer.com randomly screen messages for blacklisted terms. If caught, you can even attract a permanent ban from the platform.
- Exams: The number of exams you have written and your performance in exams can significantly boost your ranking. Exams are particularly useful for freelancers who are new and do not have a lot of experience and reviews
- Profile Marks: Your profiles are marked based on their quality. Maintaining a good profile is extremely important for your ranking.
For New Freelancers
It is understood that many of the factors above require consistent good performance on the platform, over a long period.
However, a significant proportion of projects are awarded to new freelancers everyday. It has never been easier to find work online, and at Freelancer.com they are committed to make it easy for anyone to freelance online.
Here are suggestions for new freelancers:
- Bid Early: Can’t get to the top? Bid before the others do. Early bidders consistently win more projects since it increases their chances of interacting with the employer.
- Proposals: When you place your bid, make sure you write a good proposal. Our analysis clearly suggests that copy-pasting generic proposals reduces your chance of being awarded. Proposals that are relevant to the project description are orders of magnitude more likely to be awarded.
- Sponsor Your Bid: Found a good project? Sponsor your bid! Sponsoring your bid ensures that you are on the top of the list and have a very high chance of interacting with the employer.
- Membership: Being on one of the membership plans gives you access to more projects. Members are eligible to bid on projects that have a higher likelihood of being awarded.
- Exams: The scoring algorithm incorporates your scores in your exams. Completing exams is the easiest way to give your score that small boost that is needed to improve your rank.
Where To Find Your Bid Quality Score
Your Bid Quality Score can be found in the following two locations:
1. In the weekly Bid Quality Score report email
2. Is featured on the side when bidding on a project
The tips above are equally valid for older freelancers who are looking for ways to improve their current ranking. We feel these tips are specifically helpful for freelancers who are finding it difficult to win projects.
For mentoring and training, contact us today and you will never have cause to submit your CV again for employment anywhere.
The world is like a strange magical capsule that keeps on shifting its pattern whimsically. Every age it acquires a new pattern dictated by its taste, never respecting the systems affected in it. But these systems soon to learn give themselves into the capsule’s whims to survive.
The world of information is not far from this whimsical capsule and its changing patterns; every new age has suggested a new pattern of dissemination. In the preceding age, print medium of relaying was held in awe and patronage. But the rise of technology, especially digital technology, has suggested a new pattern of a culture whose unchallenged efficiency at rendering previously stressful tasks effortlessly and efficiently has been so far welcomed globally and turned everyone’s attention to itself.
This is the case with audiences of information who are now courting this new culture — the digital culture for information, instead of the traditional print and electronic media. It behooves the practitioner of journalism, the profession equipped with the means of dissemination of information, to translate his method into this new pattern.
Although it’s argued that the medium is insufficient at the task, but this is understandable considering its newness. but against this setback, the advantages of this form is multitudinous: it saves time; it supports efficient retrieval and archival of information; it demystifies the problem associated with publishing; it is creative and interesting; it has gained tremendous patronage; it is easier.
Hence, any practitioner who wishes to employ this medium does not have to be bugged down by the rigour of learning computing codes for it is as simple as any chore performed day-to-day like sending of emails and the likes. The sole requirement to capture this new audience is just a change of mentality.
Why is research important in business?
Research is a strategy that seeks to make basic discoveries and uncover new principles or factors so far not unknown or unrecognised. It is the systematic search for new knowledge.
A business research program is an increasingly popular way for companies to train and educate their managers and other employees in a vast array of different fields. Business research can pertain to economics, business strategy, and ethics, in fact, anything related to modern business and trade.
Research is an important element in business management in many different ways as follows;
- Testing of new products: Business research tests the potential success of new products. Companies must know what types of products and services customers want before they market them. Market research will minimize risk – Market research can help shape a new product or service, identifying what is needed and ensure that the development of a product is highly focused on demand.
- Ensuring adequate distribution: Companies may also use business research to ensure the adequate distribution of their products. For example, a consumer products’ company may want to talk to retailers about all the different brands they sell. The results of the business research will help marketing managers determine where they need to increase their product distribution.
- Measuring advertising effectiveness: Companies use business research to determine the success of their advertising. For example, a milk manufacturer may want to know what percentage of the population saw its most recent television commercial. The milk company may find that more people become aware of its advertising the longer the television ad runs. The milk company may need to run its television advertisements at different times if few people have seen the commercials.
- Studying the competition: Companies often use business research to study key competitors in their markets. Companies will often start with secondary research information or information that is already available. For example, a software company may want to know the percentage of customers in the market who purchase its products versus competitors’ products. The researchers can then study the purchasing trends in the industry, striving to increase their company’s share of the market. Companies will often need to increase their market share in an industry to increase sales and profits.
Other benefits include:
Research is an essential part of any business that wants to offer products or services that are focused and well targeted. Business decisions that are based on good intelligence and good market research can minimize risk and pay dividends by making market research part and parcel of the business process.
Research creates benchmarks and helps you measure your progress – Unless you measure, you may not be able to gauge how well your business is performing. Early research may highlight glaring holes in your service or shortfalls in your product, regular market research will show if improvements are being made and, if positive, will help motivate a team.
Research will help you better communicate – Your current customers’ experiences are a valuable information source, not only will they allow you to gauge how well you currently meet their expectations they can also tell you where you are getting things right and more importantly where you are getting things wrong.
Doing research in business management is vital as it helps a business plan for the future, based on what may have happened in the past. If carried out successfully it can help a company make informed plans on how to become more viable in its sector. Some business experts agree that looking to the future of business is very much about looking at the past. The two are interlinked and by carrying out research you are more likely to see a positive outcome in your chosen objective. In business, making ill-informed decisions may be very precarious as there may be too much money at risk or a company’s reputation may be put at stake.
Research is important in any business for it to stay competitive in the market. The foremost function of research is to provide a business with an outlet to accurately identify its customers. Through the surveys, a company can analyze the likes and dislikes of its target consumers. In addition to this, these studies can also give a business the opportunity to scrutinize its rivals in the industry and analyze and emulate key strategies that might likewise help in its operations.
Research provides a business with a chance to update itself on the latest market trends; such knowledge will prove helpful in the formulating of useful concepts and tactics for success in the market. All things considered, it is through research that a business is able to make educated and informed decisions.
Research helps the business to improve the productivity, lower the cost and save time and retain the expertise of their core competencies and this through research discovery of new technology and development which leads to the development of innovative management system for future growth.
Research helps the business to continually revise their design and range the product due to continuous technological changes and changing preference of customers.
It also helps in the recruitment of employees. It’s through research that human resource managers are able to identify and recruit skilled manpower. Proper recruitment of employees with the right skills and attitudes helps the firm to increase its productivity levels. Research for the right employees can be got via the internet, consultancy firms and institutions of higher learning.
Research helps the firm to get the right supplier at the right price and at the right time. A proper supplier selection enables the firm to get or acquire high-quality raw materials which result in the production of high-quality products that are consumed by the end user. Also reliable and efficient suppliers help a firm to perform effectively as supplies will be got in time.
In conclusion, every organization needs to conduct research, and small budgets are no excuse for lack of a research plan. By starting out with some easily accessible resources, you can begin to develop better marketing strategies that can position you for market growth.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to consult Edusearch Global Network Limited for expertise in business research services with the most appropriate methodology possible. Edusearch Global Network Limited is a growing business and management research firm based in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa, and Nigeria, building capacity and informing best practices in the business research field globally.
Running ads on Facebook can make your entrepreneurial dreams come true or can be a nightmare. It all depends on your Facebook Advertising Strategies.
Let’s start from the beginning. Facebook is a pay-per-click marketing channel. This means that you’ll be paying every time someone clicks on your ads. You can also be charged based on ad impressions, video views, and other metrics.
Having a solid Facebook PPC (pay-per-click) strategy helps you to get more people to your website and increase the sales revenue.
But what makes a good Facebook PPC strategy?
After managing tens of Facebook ad campaigns, I can tell you this: The perfect Facebook ad strategy includes both successes and failures.
You can’t have one without the other.
However, you should also create yourself a safety net by applying multiple Facebook PPC strategies at once.
If one strategy fails, you’ve still got others that bring you the results.
Up next, I’m going to share one of the Facebook advertising strategies that in my experience often deliver a positive return on investment.
Are you ready to step up your Facebook ad game?
#1 Strategy: Experiment With New Ad Placements
When analyzing Facebook advertising costs, it was found that your cost-per-click can vary by 700%, depending on the ad placement you’re using.
For example, displaying your Facebook ads to people via the Audience Network is way cheaper than advertising on Instagram.
However, the lowest cost-per-click price doesn’t always guarantee the best results.
You can experiment with different Facebook ad placements to find out which one has the lowest cost-per-conversion and the highest ROI.
Currently, there are nine different Facebook ad placements available in the Ads Manager:
- Facebook Desktop Newsfeed
- Facebook Mobile Newsfeed
- The Right-hand Column
- Facebook Instant Articles
- Facebook In-Stream Videos
- Facebook Suggested Videos
- Instagram Feed
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Audience Network
For example, the Instant Articles ad placement lets you place your Facebook ads into the instant article feeds of mobile Facebook users.
Here’s how a Facebook mobile ad looks inside an instant article.
While Facebook news feeds are the most widely used ad placement, it doesn’t mean you couldn’t benefit from other platforms, such as Instagram ads or offers displayed among Facebook Suggested Videos.
Is market research of any value to both an existing and a new business?
It is believed that accurate and thorough information is the foundation of all successful business ventures because it provides a wealth of information about prospective and existing customers, the product, the competition, and the industry in general. It allows business owners to determine the feasibility of a business before committing substantial resources to the venture.
In case you just dabbled into the business you are currently in without a professionally done market research, you lack what makes the difference in any endeavour; the right information is key! Get a free advice- stop struggling… go for knowledge about your customers, market, product, competition and the industry you are operating in. Engage the services of certified management consultants. The benefits far outweigh what it will cost you. Be wise!
Do you know that you’re losing a lot of clients or prospects by using your personal email address instead of your Brand Custom Domain Email Address?
A small investment in a business email account can be the difference between success and failure for your new business. Yet, many businesses allow lack of a proper business email solution take them by surprise as their companies start to scale.
According to Microsoft, here are a few of the benefits from a business email account that you won’t get from a free email account:
1. Build trust with your customers
Imagine you are at a networking event and meet your dream client. You spend the evening talking about your services and what makes you different from the competition. She is excited about what you bring to the table and asks for your business card. You hand it over only to show that your personal email address does not reflect your business’s name. Instead of reading “YourName@YourBusinessName.com,” your non-enterprise email reads “YourBusinessName@gmail.com or YourName@yahoo.com.” A familiar look of uncertainty rushes over her face and you know that she likely won’t reach out after all. Small details can make or break trust with a client. Using a free email account implies that your business is too young, small or lacking in the technical proficiency to obtain a domain-based email address—all red flags to a potential client.
2. Customers will notice your email address
Besides gaining client trust with a business email, you also have a better chance of your email being remembered in case your business card is lost. It’s standard practice for business emails to be simple, like “YourName@YourBusinessName.com,” which allows for easier recall if someone is trying to get a hold of you quickly. Having your own Custom Domain Email Address will also give you a great carriage when discussing deals with your prospects, making you look like a big brand and win contracts with ease. As a Business Person, having your own Custom Domain Email Address (e.g email@example.com) gives you a high regard and competitive advantage over your competitors.
3. Enterprise email helps you scale with ease
Your email is a recorded history of your company, and losing any bit of that could leave you without important context as you grow. By choosing a business email solution from the beginning, you are laying the groundwork to scale with ease.
This sounds interesting! So what?
I have made a Video from the past training event for a token of #3000 only. This Video is a step-by-step tutorial that will show you how to create and configure your own Custom Domain Email Address for FREE (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org) without using G-Suite or even having a website. Next training is Friday 17th, August @ 10AM. Venue: 3 Charity Road, New Oko-Oba, Agege, Lagos. Fee: #3,000 (for early bird payment only). Payment at the venue door is considered late payment, which is #5,000. However, you must have reserved your seat regardless of when and how you choose to pay.
Who is the target audience?
Those who want to improve their brand via custom domain email (e.g you@yourdomain) for FREE even if they don’t have a website.
Imagine if your Business Name is Custom Domain Services Limited, and you having your own Custom Domain Email Address as: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org even if you don’t have a website. And the interesting part is that you can do this easily by yourself in less than 15 minutes.
What Will You Learn?
• Create and manage their Custom Domain Email Addresses for FREE without having to hire or pay a developer, and without a website
• Send Custom Mails to Clients, Prospects, Business Partners, Associates for FREE
• Receive Mails via the Custom Domain Email Addresses
• Automatic forwarding of emails incoming mails to their personal email addresses (e.g, email@example.com or You@gmail.com
• Set up automated responses for all incoming mails
What is the use?
-You can easily create and manage as many Custom Domain Email Addresses as you want by yourself within 5 minutes.
-You can send Custom Mails to your prospects, partners, clients, etc, such that a Custom Message with a Custom Email Address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is received by your recipient.
-You can use the Custom Domain Email Address to receive mails from your partners, prospects, clients, etc.
-Any mail you receive through your Custom Domain Email Address can be forwarded instantly to your personal email address, e.g., your Gmail or Yahoo Mail Address, such that all the emails sent to your Custom Email Address (email@example.com) are also copied to your personal email address.
-You can create auto responses for any of your Custom Domain Email addresses, such that if anyone sends an email to you, they get a reply instantly even while you’re sleeping. The message will go to them directly from your Custom Domain Email Address.
These are great ways of promoting your brand
This will obviously take your brand to the next level in business. With this, you can easily win a lot of contracts. You can’t imagine how many contracts you have lost by using your personal email address.