Some religious myths about business growth:
1. Growth can happen by believing only…
NO, faith without works is dead!
2. Growth can happen by praying only…
NO, prayer only makes power (divine impetus, ability, grace, momentum, propulsion, impulsion, force, motive force, driving force, drive, thrust, continuing motion, energy, push, steam, strength, motivation, stimulus, incitement, incentive, inducement, inspiration, encouragement, boost; urging, pressing, goading, spurring, prodding) available to put to work the revealed principles and means for growth to happen.
3. Growth can happen by simply sowing seeds…
NO, sowing seeds only connects & keeps you to the vision. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
4. Growth happens when you keep confessing it…
NO, your confession only augments your conviction to do or put to work these revealed principles and means.
General myths about business growth:
1. You can achieve growth independently…
NO, growth is a compound phenomenon that requires a team-work, divine or external body or force. There is need to seek professional expert advice (business advisory services), network with others in the same field of business, go into strategic alliances and partnerships that is well informed, belong to a business related association, go for more knowledge by attending seminars, trainings, a relevant business school and more importantly, belong to a group of people who have a walking relationship with God.
2. A couple of efforts directed at growth can bring about growth…
NO, growth is the PROCESS of increasing in size, number, value, or strength. Process means a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
3. Growth happens only when there is large funding (huge capital)…
NO, huge capital can lead to a catastrophe (disaster) when there is no structure on ground to engineer and sustain business growth.
The truth about business growth:
– Growth is the product of continuous conscious effort. Hence, the need to consciously build a culture based on revealed principles and means…
– In a bid not to pay the price of discipline required in building such culture, some business men follow short-cuts by consulting spiritualists to engineer business growth, which last but for a moment leading to drastic business failure in the end.
– Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain… Psalm 127:4. Spirituality CANNOT be ruled-out! God is the author of growth. He has already revealed to us certain principles and means by which growth is inevitable. GROWTH IS NOT BUILT IN A DAY!
* First step is you must be determined (resolute) to grow by tenaciously following the revealed principles and means. Also, there has to be a vision you are passionate about and a related mission you are committed to. Proverbs 29:18 – Where there is no vision (revelation), people cast off restraint (discipline)… meaning you easily sway from the continuous building of a business culture based on the revealed principles and means. Also your vision must have a connection to God the source of lasting growth (sustainable growth).
* Second step is you must understand these principles and how they work… how they translate into ‘Solow residual’ for the business. The Solow residual is the portion of an economy’s (for the purpose of this seminar, business’ or company’s) output growth that cannot be attributed to the accumulation of capital and labor, the factors of production. It is a measure of productivity growth that is usually referred to as total factor productivity (TFP). Total Factor Productivity (TFP) is the portion of output not explained by the amount of inputs used in production. … As such, its level is determined by how efficiently and intensely the inputs are utilized in production. TFP growth is usually measured by the Solow residual.
The question is what are these revealed principles and means?
Watch-Out for Seminar 2 in our next event on BUILDING MOMENTUM FOR GROWTH on Saturday 27th October
Time: 12noon – 2pm
Plan to be there live! Do not miss-out
Your membership of Abule-Egba Economic Forum and participation in these series will not only provide you with vital information about your own business growth but practically, professionally & spiritually assist with the appropriate plan to engineer and sustain your business growth. The implementation plan and follow-up process is our collective concern as a group. Help is here!!!
Kindly drop your comments and reactions so we know those who are with us. Very important!
God Bless You!