- Study the trends. IBM foresaw that market demand was moving toward technology based services and its industry needed new innovations and sustainability. They diversified into services to remain competitive. In business, it’s vital that you monitor the pulse of your industry, understanding what’s valuable to the majority of your clients, and paying attention to the work of your colleagues and competition.
- Find a niche you can believe in. Mithun decided to focus only on sustainable, contemporary work. It was a market they studied, one in which they excelled, and something in which they wanted all of their employees to take part.
- Stick to your guns. Some of your clients may not yet be ready to buy your customer proposition, you should not compromise your mission. Leave the lines of communication open; inform potential clients that they can call on the firm when they are ready to buy your service offerings.
- Get clients to market for you. Ensure you please your customers at ‘all cost’ so much so that they begin to refer their friends and contacts to you. Satisfied customers pass on good news.
- Never stop learning. It’s important to stay current on emerging technology, development in the industry as well as marketing trends in order to keep in contact with current and potential clients. Communication and publicity methods are changing continuously and are often geographically determined.
December 29, 2014 · 2:13 PM